With PC gaming still gaining popularity each year, many companies have realized an opportunity to create high-end keyboards that look great, but will put a serious dent in your bank balance. If you’re looking for a new keyboard but aren’t sure where to start, Lion Sourced have got you covered. This article features the best budget gaming keyboards, all costing less than $50.00!
Disclaimer: None of the links below are affiliate links, we earn no money from purchases made through them. This allows us to keep our recommendations as unbiased as possible.
1. Razer Cynosa Lite
The Razer Cynosa Lite is a full size, wired keyboard that can be purchased online for around $30.00. Comes with a 1.8m cable length which connects to your PC via USB. The keys are fully programmable, with an interface that allows you to pick from over 16 million colour combinations. The keyboard is also spill resistant, so accidentally knocking over a drink won’t cause long-term damage.
2. CORSAIR K55 RGB
The cheapest keyboard in the Corsair range, designed specifically for gaming. In our opinion, this product is a steal at around $40, mainly due to the quality and premium feel of this keyboard. Features three-zone backlighting and 6 macro keys to make your gaming experience as easy as possible.
3. COMBRITE Rainbow LED Keyboard
For just $20, this keyboard is our go to on this list. The COMBRITE keyboard is backlit with a rainbow light set that can be turned on and off whenever you wish. Each key is laser cut, anti-fade and scratch resistant for maximum durability. This keyboard also feels very comfortable to use and doesn’t require any software installation.
4. GK-10 Wired Mechanical Keyboard
The GK-10 wired keyboard is perhaps the cleanest looking product on this list. With a non-slip and splash proof design, the GK-10 offers well rounded performance for gamers, while the high speed USB allows for input without delay. Compatible with the latest versions of Windows and IOS.
5. Ziva Rainbow Budget Gaming Keyboard
This keyboard features a dedicated ‘focus’ mode, meaning that if you accidentally hit the windows key, you won’t be tabbed out of your game. There are also 12 multimedia keys that you can use to easily control videos and volume in just a single tap.
What To Look For In A Budget Gaming Keyboard
- Overall Feel – Try to pick a keyboard that is comfortable to use, so that long gaming sessions aren’t strenuous on your fingers and hands.
- Functionality – This often goes without saying, but make sure the keyboard you choose has the required keys before making a purchase.
- Anti-Ghosting – All of the keyboards come with Anti-Ghosting features, meaning when keys are pressed, the input is immediate and without delay.
- Macro Keys – Do you watch videos between games or simply need hotkeys for your most used controls? Many gaming keyboards offer this, with some allowing custom binds.
That wraps up this short blog post for recommending the best budget gaming keyboards. Make sure you check the review section on relevant websites before checking out – You can also search Youtube for the make and model, which should bring up a handful of videos showing the keyboard in action.