Colour coordinated wardrobes not only look pretty, but they also keep your clothes organized. There is no precise way of organising your wardrobe. Instead, closet organization comes in various forms tailored for various categorization preferences and lifestyles. For some, it could be grouping items by garment type, while others could be dividing their wardrobe into seasonal sections. There is also a plethora of colour coordinated wardrobe ideas to try out, and they are aesthetically pleasant. Therefore, in this article, you will find steps and methods on how to colour coordinate your wardrobe.
How To Colour Coordinate Your Wardrobe
First, separate your clothes by type. For instance, hanging dress shirts on hanging dress shirts and folded long sleeve shirts on folded long sleeve shirts.
Second, group your items by colour. Sort all the light, dark and blue shirts together, then proceed to group all the trousers, and other clothes in general.
Third, come up with your unique colour coding method. There are numerous ways of going about this, but here are two notable ones:
- Light to Dark. Here, you start by arranging white clothes first as you progressively make your way to dark colours. In the event that the colours become too similar, employ a dividing colour that is from an accommodating colour family. For instance, you can separate blacks from navy blues by putting a section of sky-blue clothing.
- ROYGBIV. Here, you are supposed to sort your items in rainbow colours: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo then violet. It is a proven colour coding technique because of its ease to remember, and offers more contrast between sorted groups of clothes.
Fourth, in case of multi-coloured clothes, use the dominant colour. Moreover, you can decide to create a space in your closet for keeping multi-coloured items. This can prove useful because you can go a step further and divide the multi-coloured items in terms of their solids and prints.
Lastly, find out the colour code that suits you best and stick to it as much as you want. Many people find that there are a few different colour schemes that make them feel comfortable, allowing you to stock your wardrobe accordingly.
Benefits Of Colour Coordination
Apart from aesthetics, colour coding your wardrobe comes with a lot of benefits. Here is a few:
- Finding the clothes you’re looking for is fast and easy.
- Easy coordination of your outfits and how you can pair them with other items.
- Save money on clothes shopping. You can stop purchasing the same items as you have a clearer view of your wardrobe’s contents.
- It is easier to pack your suitcase when you want to travel.
- It is easy to experiment with different fashion trends now that you can clearly see the distinguished colours, and how they can pair well with others.
When it comes to colour coding your wardrobe, there are no established rules. Therefore, to give your wardrobe an appealing look colour-wise, sort your clothes based on type and then colour. Develop your unique coding method that it easy to remember. Learn the colour coding method that fits you better, and is easy to maintain.